Gustav Lorentzen 2010: hydrocarbon technical papers
16 April 2010
Topics and keynote speakers
- The key topics of interest include:
- Low emission and low charge systems
- Non-conventional refrigeration systems
- Supermarket cooling
- Cheese conditioning
- Recovery of heating & cooling energy in soil & buildings
- Cogeneration - combined heat and power (CHP)
- Sorption systems
- Low energy cooling systems
- Evaporative cooling
- Heat transfer & fluid flow
- Energy efficiency in relation with used refrigerants
- Secondary coolants and (ice) slurries
During the conference, the following keynote speakers will give an update on recent developments in relation to Natural Refrigerants:
Predag Hrnjak, "Research advances related to Natural Refrigerants"
USA, University of Illinois (receiver of the IIR Gustav Lorentzen Medal during the 23rd IIR international Congress of Refrigeration)
Andy Pearson, "Market successes of Natural Refrigerants"
UK, Star Refrigeration Ltd
Alberto Cavallini, "Heat transfer and pressure drop of Natural Refrigerants in mini-channels"
Italy, University of Padua
The prospective programme of the conference will include optional technical tours:
- tour of an industrial ammonia refrigeration plant;
- tour of supermarket-systems with natural refrigerants like ice slurry and/or CO2;
- tour of the energy systems of a flower distribution centre;
- tour of a combined low temperature/high temperature energy system (e.g. swimming pool/ice rink refrigeration plant);
- tour of a low energy heat pump based greenhouse.
About Gustav Lorentzen
The conference is named in honour of Norwegian Scientist and engineer Gustav Lorentzen who rediscovered how CO2 could be used as a refrigerant in a simple and efficient way in heating and cooling applications.
Traditionally, the IIR Gustav Lorentzen conferences attract a wide range of international specialists from science and industry sectors and facilitates an effective exchange of experience and knowledge.